War's, like jars are the kind of artifacts that the ASF repository should support.

Jandalf wrote:

Commons HttpClient comes with a very large JUnit test suite (some 250 tests). Approx 100 of those are webapp tests that require the httpclienttest.war file to be deployed in a application container (preferably TomCat). We would like to deploy the .war file for each release version as part of the release process.

This would allow for better field testing for users of httpclient as they would be able to test their configuration with zero or very little setup. Automated builds from Gump/Maven may also be able to benefit from this setup if we provide a "current" .war file, which tends to be quite stable.

We are looking for a public tomcat container that we can deploy into. Would it be possible to do this on daedalus?

Jandalf.