Leo Simons wrote, On 08/05/2003 10.19:
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

I've quickly looked at the proposal, and it's the same proposal as my
last mail on [EMAIL PROTECTED], which is the same as Costin's.

Is it correct?

yes (as I wrote :D).

Too long mail, dude ;-P

The next thing I would like to see is the use of the mirroring script as
an entry point for the repository.
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer-auto.cgi  could do like
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi but instead directly point to the
mirror.

this can be done independently of any restructuring;

Of course.

just modify the scripts we have in the site module which berin put in.

Yup.

Also the use of md5s as Maven does or that it verifiues the integrity of
the downloaded files using signatures downloaded from our main
distribution directory.

we already have *.asc and *.md5 for most releases (phoenix doesn't have them at all; framework only has .asc; old excalibur has *.sig); have a browse around /dist. Berin has standardised on *.asc + *.md5 on new releases.

this will stay the same.

Excellent!

Thanks Leo in advance for the work you're gonna do! It's invaluable :-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -