> Given Noel's concern about Top Level Project and projects moving.
> I think that leaves us with the java package name.

> Also to keep the listing smaller can group  be something like
> /apache/commons/beantuils  or must it be apache-comons-beanutils.

Here is a different view,

I would like to see the group as completely different from the project name but what the user is used to, like an "XML" group, "WebServices" group, "Testing".... Thoughts ? Because sometimes, the project names don't say what they are actually meant to do, and even if it says they could be acronyms or something indirect, so having a meaningful group and then whatever project falls under that will be a good one for the users.

And I think version should be mandatory, since that is the killer in the java world.

regards, -Anou

See when your friends are online with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com