Hi Jason,

> Just a note to any Maven developers who are interested in discussing the
> format of the future repository layout for Apache are welcome to join in
> at [EMAIL PROTECTED] I think we have lots to offer in this area so
> if you have some pop into the discussions.

Very cool you have good timing.  Have you had a chance to look at some of the
discussions on the avalon-dev list regarding an API for building repository
aware Avalon applications.

It would be nice to merge our discussions and these topics together as one
community rather than fragmenting it.  For starters here are links to some of
those related threads:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/[EMAIL PROTECTED]&msgNo=22035

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/[EMAIL PROTECTED]&msgNo=22038

I separated it into two parts as two trails to track each peice separately.  I
may have gotten too creative here ;-).

Basically we're shooting for having a means to associate attributes with
artifacts within the repository and have a generic API for repository aware
and/or repository bootstrapping applications.

The ideas being discussed revolve around the notion of an attribute database to
be used to centrally manage project related artifact attributes.  This way the
repository becomes a queriable artifact directory as well as a artifact store.

Are these ideas appealing to the Maven community?

What can we do to consolidate our efforts?

Alex Karasulu