I have a few comments on the content of that page:

1. Not sure why the discussion and the proposals are
   separate, given the partial duplication of pros
   and cons for each.
   Would prefer to see these merged.

2. Version be a mandatory component of artifact filename
  Pros:
  . Artifacts become identifiable when *downloaded* from the repository.
  . This is not compatible with the current ASF scheme.
    Neither maven, nor dist require version in the artifact filename.

  Cons:
  . Presumes to know requirements of other repository users,
    for which we have no requirements.

3. Version in directory
  Cons:
  . I don't see how the need for a 'latest' symbolic link is a
    con. There is no uniform way at ASF at the moment to indicate
    the latest version.
  . Scheme not currently used by ASF.

4. There has been no discussion on how to cope with nightly or snapshot
   builds, which could change the version syntax. E.g:
   1. Subdir per build:
      http://repo.apache.org/apache/commons-cli/nightly/20031112/...
      http://repo.apache.org/apache/commons-cli/nightly/20031113/...

   2. Embedded in version:
      http://repo.apache.org/apache/commons-cli/nightly-20031112/...
      http://repo.apache.org/apache/commons-cli/nightly-20031113/...

   I'm leaning towards the former, as browsing is simpler.
   OTOH, this then leads to the possibility of "nightly",
   "snapshot", "release" etc being mandatory in product-specifier:

   product-specifier = organisation "/" project "/" rtype "/" version
   rtype = "nightly" | "snapshot" | "release" | ...

-Tim

VersionInURISytnax