Tim Anderson wrote:

The URISyntax proposal is silent on how to handle
nightly, release, snapshot, and latest builds.
This should be formalised.

Very nicley thought out proposal. However first we should decide if we need to do anything with version.

Why can't projects just all there versions whatever they want

Nightly, daily, latest, current, alpha, beta, final, rc, gold, foo, bar, ...

I don't think we need to specify anything about a version.

We can also consider using redirects instead of symlinks for latest etc.

R,
Nick