Excelent summaray. Keep up the good work. Regardless of what becomes of our "/" discussion, we are making excelent progress.

R,
Nick

Tim Anderson wrote:

There are now four proposals available at:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFRepository/Proposals

. Repository URI Syntax
 http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFRepository/URISyntax

 This specifies the core URI layout, which the other
 proposals extend.

. Common Build Version Specifier

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFRepository/CommonBuildVersio
nSpecifier

 This specifies versioning for projects which perform
 formal and interim builds.

. Common Distribution Artifact Specifier

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFRepository/CommonDistributio
nArtifactSpecifier

 This specifies the URI format for source and binary
 distribution artifacts.

. Java Artifact Specifier
 http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFRepository/JavaArtifacts

 This specifies the URI formats for java artifacts.

To do
-----

. change Java Artifact Specifier to refer to
 Common Distribution Artifact Specifier, for source and
 binary distributions

. factor out signature-artifact-specifier and signature-keys
 from Java Artifact Specifier, into a new proposal,
 (Signature Artifact Specifier?), as it is relevant to
 Common Distribution Artifact Specifier as well.

. factor out license-specifier from Java Artifact Specifier,
 into a new proposal, (License Artifact Specifier?), as it is
 relevant to Common Distribution Artifact Specifier as well.

. determine what additional support is required for C/C++ projects.
 Common Distribution Artifact Specifier aims to handle binary
 and source distributions for these projects - what else
 is required?

. move common BNF somewhere else. E.g:
   versioned-artifact-name
   artifact-name
   short-version
   debug
   arc-ext
 are contained in both Java Artifact and Common Distribution
 Artifact Specifiers.

-Tim