Mark R. Diggory later wrote in the original thread:

> I just created it a few moments ago. You should have write access there.

> If your using your own workstation to build using Maven, then you can
> set your central-repository property to point to
> Incubator can gladly be the first to start producing builds here. This
> is not mirrored, there is no concern about making changes if you screw
> up a deploy here.

I think that last point is important for infrastructure to know.  And please
correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that the clients (maven in
this case) will check that location, but only download if they need
something that hasn't been cached.  Therefore this shouldn't be a big
bandwidth issue.

        --- Noel