This should cause no problems with ASF boxes. We would prefer to see this format used.

As well, I'd like to make a recommendation that we make sure that when any files are created in the repository, that they are not group writable. More specifically:

Directories: group writable (drwxrwxr-x)
Files: not group readable (lrw-r--r--)

-Mark

Brett Porter wrote:
Hi,

Was there a final decision made to change the format of md5's to:

d1dcb0fbee884bb855bb327b8190af36 commons-collections-3.1.jar

ie, md5 hash, 1 space, filename

If so, I'd like to drop the change into Maven 1.1.

Will this cause any problems for any scripts running on ASF boxes?

Cheers,
Brett

-- Mark Diggory Open Source Software Developer Apache Jakarta Project http://jakarta.apache.org