On Wednesday 05 January 2005 16:39, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> The Depot project SVN
> is still there, ready to be used if/when needed by the Maven project.

>From the Magic project we have spun off what we call Transit, which provides a
simple, flexible and powerful solution to artifact management and handling.

One of the most simple APIs one can imaging :o)
By putting the transit jar in system classpath, the most rudimentary use is;

  URL url = new URL( "artifact:jar:junit/junit#3.8.1" );

which will return a cached artifact, downloaded from configured resource hosts
out there.
The resource hosts can be of different types (i.e. not only the maven
organization), and the cache manager is also pluggable.
Downloads over https is supported, as well as server authorization, but we
still have not implemented certificate management and trust establishment,
but is in the pipeline.

Additional API levels support classloader management of generic application
plugins, or complete applications.

Interested?

Cheers
Niclas
--
The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread.

|   http://www.dpml.net        |
|  http://niclas.hedhman.org   |