Hey guys, I was quiet for a awhile due to the birth of my new daughter a couple weeks ago.

To catch back up here, I'll just note that we did some work in the ant checksum task to get it to output in various formats BSD/GNU etc. There was an excellent thread last year that really resolved this subject in the Ant community

Henk P. Penning wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Brett Porter wrote:

Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:08:22 +1100
From: Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: repository thoughts

Hi folks,

I've put up basically a TODO list from recent discussions. Sorry it
took so long.

Did I miss anything?

  This is a very good start ; thanks.

  -- MD5 checksum format : in my experience the format doesn't
     matter much ; it is always easy to grab a 32 byte hex
     number from any format. Counter examples are easy to find of
     course (filenames like '41eab7db2910a04500751bbc2ed7f5bf')
     but in general, different formats aren't a problem.

     Perhaps it is wize to state that md5 checksums should
     be in a '.md5' (lowercase) file because some people
     put the md5 checksum in a '.MD5' file.

  -- For cleanup purposes it would be nice if one could link
     something (X) in the repository, to something (Y)
     in '/dist/' : we can flag X for removal if Y is gone.

  Henk Penning

Henk P. Penning, Computer Systems Group       R Uithof CGN-A232  _/ \_
Dept of Computer Science, Utrecht University  T +31 30 253 4106 / \_/ \
Padualaan 14, 3584CH Utrecht, the Netherlands F +31 30 251 3791 \_/ \_/
http://www.cs.uu.nl/staff/henkp.html          M [EMAIL PROTECTED]  \_/

-- Mark Diggory Open Source Software Developer Apache Jakarta Project http://jakarta.apache.org