On Apr 9, 2005 2:25 AM, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > 1. I see that a Maven2 alpha is out: is it still using the Maven1
> > repository structure?
>
> News travels fast... I was going to post about that here this morning :)

planetapache.org knows everything :)

> New repository: http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/
>
> m2 can use the m1 structure, but by default it uses a new one. I
> believe it is almost identical to the one from the wiki (which I can't
> seem to find since the wiki was upgraded?), with the omission of
> /$type/ in the directory structure.
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven-components/maven-artifact/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/artifact/repository/layout/DefaultRepositoryLayout.java?rev=1.8&view=markup
>
> > 3. One question I have is about our policy for longer project names,
> > "org.apache.something". I have stub code that replaces that with
> > org/apache/something and then looks for the usual
> > org/apache/something/jars/artifact[-version][.extension]  afterwards.
> > Is this wise or not?
>
> Yes, we've taken that approach, starting with Maven:
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/
>
> More about the m2 repository:
> - all the metadata have been converted to Maven 2's POM format, to the
> best of our ability
> - new Maven 1.x artifacts still come in through the Maven 1.x
> repository, and are automatically converted and synced to /maven2/, so
> for example ASF releases will be published automatically
>
> I think that's all. Let me know if you have any questions or issues.

This is cool.
-what is the local cache name/layout?

I'll add maven2 lib support to ant CVS_HEAD and make it the default
there, same for  Smartfrog; in both cases I'll provide support for the
old layout somehow too. That'll be a good test of how well architected
the different classes are -if adding a new repository layout only
changes one class.

-steve