Tom Lazar wrote:
> On 2008-04-12 22:42:22 +0200, Martin Aspeli
>> Reinout van Rees wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> One thing that's not clear to me: how to keep certain pages out of
>>> deliverance's hands? The zmi pages (/manage, /manage_main, etc.) are the
>>> ones I'm most interested in at the moment.
>>> If I tickle my brain I come up with some irc messages and some emails,
>>> but I'm missing the bigger picture, especially after the latest changes.
>>> Can someone give me a quick pointer?
>> I use a paste composite app where / is a pipeline with deliverance in it
>> and /admin is a pipeline with plain repoze. It's not perfect for all use
>> cases, but pretty easy to set up.
>> I'd like the repoze app to be on /, but have some declarative
>> configuration to say e.g.
>> deliverance.ignore = /manage/.*
>> deliverance.ignore = /foo.*
>> i.e. a regular expression based thing where deliverance would be told to
>> ignore certain incoming url patterns.
> that sounds like something i'd like to have in the webserver config,
> i.e. apache or nginx where i would set some sort of headers (just like
> in the vhm example)
> i'm new to this, but my gut feeling would be to keep all this sort of
> fancy, regex-based rewriting stuff in one place (i.e. the webserver
> config) and to use 'straightforward' tests for defined flags or headers
> within the wsgi pipeline.

I think the only sane way to do this is to let the application (Plone, or Zope)
choose the theme on the way out rather than allowing anything to choose the
theme on the way in, as the regexes will get absolutely crazy if you need to do
the choosing this way.  IOW, there would be no theme specified in middleware or
in the webserver config, but Zope would return a header for each response that
should be themed a certain way.