I think what you might be seeing if you're using the configuration of
repoze.who
implied by
http://svn.turbogears.org/projects/tgrepozewho/trunk/tgrepozewho/middleware.py
is that the thing that shows the challenge (the form plugin) is configured
statically, e.g. (from that file):

     form = RedirectingFormPlugin('/login', '/login_handler', '/logout_handler',
                                  rememberer_name='cookie')

The first argument there is the "login_form_url".  That's the URL that
repoze.who will redirect to when a login is required.  You probably need to
change this to support your environment.

- C