Alan Milligan wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm in the midst of rolling repoze out on our BastionLinux RPM's (at
> (repoze.* and zope.*)
> for *exactly* what files and versions are being shipped).
> We're at zope-2.9.9, the latest release that runs up plone-2.5.x.  I've
> thus packaged up the required components on
> However, the zope.interface-3.4.0 is from a later version of Z3 than
> ships with Z2 (I think this is still at 3.3) and when
> from the Z2 tree is invoked through paster, it dies horribly when it
> can't find zope.interface.adapter.Surrogate - which appears to have
> vanished between releases.  Downgrading to zope.interface-3.3.0, as
> shipped with zope-2.9.9 fixes this (insofar as zope2.wsgi now runs up
> from the command line).

Eek.  You're right.  I mispackaged.  The zope.interface version up there now is
the 3.2 version that ships with Zope 2.9.  We maintain multiple indexes, and we
haven't yet automated a buildbot to test them so it's exceedingly difficult to
make sure they all work at all times.  Apologies.

> Similarly, the ZODB3 version (3.7.2) is later than that shipped in
> zope-2.9.9.  I don't expect any issues with this (yet at least) as I'm
> running vanilla zeo from zope-2.9.9

That doesn't cause any problem in our testing.

> Is this anomaly simply due to hoping that nobody will notice if the
> Z2.10 tarballs are foisted on Z2.9 users - or indeed are these genuinely
> required, and I'm about to enter module import hell?

No, I think you should be good now with the new distribution.  Thanks for the

> Note that the zope.proxy and zope.testing tarballs are similarly
> incorrect, but they too appear benign.

I also believe these are benign.

I'm currently running an easy_install to make sure.