The ZPL is compatible with the GPL, by specific intent. I know, because ZC's board chairman and I were the ones that spent the lawyer money and negotiated with the FSF to make it happen.

The other points about whether Zope and Plone and who got mad at whom, when, and what agendas each party had that got masqueraded as license disputes....gosh, I hope that Repoze is a place where we can leave all that behind.

If Gustavo wants it to go in the Repoze core, he'll have to use the Repoze choice of license. Otherwise, he's perfectly free to use the license he wants. But Repoze is not going to proactively discourage use of GPL for non-core stuff.