Hello, Jorge

> Hi I did a quick look at this and notice your using pyparsing. Since
> you already have an external dependency why don't you go with
> ConfigObj, as it has already solved the writing comments problem as
> well as many others http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/configobj.html
> I'm not sure if you want the extended syntax why not use stdapi and
> drop the external dependency?
> http://www.python.org/doc/2.5.2/lib/RawConfigParser-objects.html

I reviewd ConfigObj and ConfigParser before using pyparsing. The problem is
that the souce format is not exactly an INI file: entries have not value. I
could subclass RawConfigParser, but when it writes, it doesn't preserve
comments or spaces. ConfigObject would require deeper changes, and with its
nested sections it offers too much.

I want that ini manage intelligently the comments: if you delete a section or
item, the previous comment block should be deleted too. Since it is a small
plug-in with a simple language, after that I can think of writing (oh, the
pain!) its own parser.

Ing. José Dinuncio
Unidad de Redes Telemáticas
Universidad de Carabobo