Previously Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Chris McDonough wrote:
> > That package is now done...
> >

> > and
> >

> > I've adjusted the trunk of bfg and the trunk of chameleon.zpt to use ZCML
> > declaration implementations from this rather than using the "stock"
> > implementations from zope.component.
> Given that Plone also uses chameleon.zpt (via this means that,
> if I understand correctly, Plone now gains this dependency, and part of
> the Plone stack uses what will seem to most people like an arbitrary,
> almost-identical-but-not-quite way of configuring components that's
> different to what the rest of the stack uses.

I'm not sure that is true: people can still use the standard zope zcml
directorives instead of the repoze.zcml alternatives and everything will
work normally.

The only downside is that chameleon.zpt will pull in a few extra
packages, but you yourself have argued that that should not bother

Wichert Akkerman <>    It is simple to make things.                   It is hard to make things simple.