New submission from Raphael Slinckx <>:

I can't find a way to setup identity programmatically.

I have a registration controller that creates a user in a database, when the
registration controller returns I want the user to be authenticated just like if
would have logged-in through the login form.

It seems repoze.who doens't allow to programmatically set identity from python
code inside a request, and thus the auth cookie isn't sent back from the

After a quick glance at the code, the identity is set to None if the user is
anonymous, and then the remember phase of repoze is run with no identity so it
doesn nothing, and since i can't assign an identity from my controller code, it
seems impossible.

messages: 139
nosy: rslinckx
priority: feature
status: unread
title: Repoze.who does not allow identity to be set programmatically

Repoze Bugs <>