From: Iain Campbell <i...@kandaba.com>
Date: 2009/2/19
Subject: Predicates Question
To: repoze-dev@lists.repoze.org

Hi,

I'm using repoze.what with Pylons and Appcelerator.

Predicates are working fine for protecting controller actions, but
when I try to protect an Appcelerator service, I get:

TypeError: No object (name: request) has been registered for this thread

There's more information and the full traceback here:

http://community.appcelerator.org/message/8909#8909

So, I think I've now solved this in repoze.what.plugins.pylonshq.utils:

from pylons import request as req, response
request = req._current_obj()

which seems to set the request up and check the auth correctly.

Being a bit of a newbie to all of this, can anyone say if there's a
disadvantage to doing things this way? I've tested on my standard
controller actions too and everything appears to work fine...

Thanks,

Iain

--
www.kandaba.com