> Yes, but the distribution name is "repoze.what-pylons". Then setuptools or
> PYPI replaces the hyphen with an underscore automatically -- I don't have to
> do it myself.
>
> For some reason, this automatic renaming is not being applied to "repoze.who-
> friendlyform" and "repoze.who-testutil". I don't know why.
>

>> I am confident that setuptools interprets hyphens in package names as
>> dividing the "base" name of the distribution from the "version".
>
> But then why "repoze.what-pylons" and "repoze.what-quickstart" don't have this
> problem?

Is it possible that (pylons,quickstart):
http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=repoze.what-pylons&submit=search

has only packages to download with (dash) in it

but friendlyform has a package with an underscore:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=repoze.who-friendlyform&submit=search
http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=repoze.who-testutil&submit=search

Look at the eggs:

 repoze.who-testutil-1.0b1-r3788.tar.gz  (md5)
repoze.who_testutil-1.0b1_r3788-py2.6.egg (md5)

try removing the ".egg" modules

Lucas