Hello, Lukasz.

On Friday February 27, 2009 19:02:53 Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
> Is it possible that (pylons,quickstart):
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=repoze.what-pylons&submit
>=search
>
> has only packages to download with (dash) in it
>
> but friendlyform has a package with an underscore:
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=repoze.who-friendlyform&s
>ubmit=search
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=repoze.who-testutil&submi
>t=search
>

> Look at the eggs:
>
>  repoze.who-testutil-1.0b1-r3788.tar.gz  (md5)
> repoze.who_testutil-1.0b1_r3788-py2.6.egg (md5)

They have all the hyphen replaced with a underscore in the Eggs, while it's
not replaced in the tarball... Even repoze.what-pylons and repoze.what-
quickstart, which do work properly.

> try removing the ".egg" modules

Unfortunately, that doesn't work either. I uploaded the tarball only, without
eggs, and the problem was still present.

Something interesting that I noticed was that if you pass the full URL to the
tarball to easy_install, the problem is not present:
   easy_install http://pypi.python.org/path/to/file-with-hyphen.tar.gz

Cheers.
--
Gustavo Narea <http://gustavonarea.net/>.

Get rid of unethical constraints! Get freedomware:
http://www.getgnulinux.org/