Douglas Mayle <> added the comment:

This is a bug in repoze.who because of this paragraph in PEP 333:

(Note: the application must invoke the start_response() callable before the
iterable yields its first body string, so that the server can send the headers
before any body content. However, this invocation may be performed by the
iterable's first iteration, so servers must not assume that start_response() has
been called before they begin iterating over the iterable.)

I've got a wrapper working, I'll implement it into repoze.who and submit a patch

Repoze Bugs <>