New submission from Forest <list8a.for...@tibit.com>:

The form plugins, which are the most obvious way to build a common web login
page, have no obvious way to show "logged out" or "login failed" messages.  Even
with third party add-ons like formcookie, I end up having to perform three
post-login-attempt redirects if I want to show a different "not logged in"
message depending on whether the user is trying the first time, retrying, or has
just logged out.  If this was easier and had decent documentation, I'll bet more
people would use repoze.who.

messages: 187
nosy: forest
priority: feature
status: unread
title: repoze.who form plugins have no obvious way to show "logged out" or
"login failed" messages