Atm there's a little known piece of AST magic in Chameleon (affecting
all implementations): it makes attribute-access (__getattr__) fall
back to dictionary acces (__getitem__).

So that's magic; it was invented in the very early stages of the
compiler and never really evaluated upon––I've later come to think
it's a sick feature, because why should Python in templates behave
differently than in code? As you can imagine, it's expensive, too,
because all attribute lookups carry the cost of a function call.

So unless there are big complaints, I suggest we just pull it out,
before anyone notices.