I have released two new packages to PyPI.  These packages were inspired by
(design almost entirely stolen from) zope.component and zope.configuration.  I
don't really expect them to get much use, but writing them was enlightening.
Maybe they'll be interesting to someone who wants to introduce people to
zope-style componentry without using interfaces and zope-style configuration
without schema or XML.

package: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/repoze.component/0.1
docs: http://docs.repoze.org/component/
code: http://svn.repoze.org/repoze.component/trunk/

This package differs from zope.component inasmuch as it disuses the concept of
interface, instead favoring string markers.

package: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/repoze.configuration/0.1
docs: http://docs.repoze.org/configuration/
code: http://svn.repoze.org/repoze.configuration/trunk/

This package differs from zope.configuration inasmuch as it uses YAML instead
XML, and doesn't use schemas to define directive attributes.

Have fun,