1.0a7 is a feature release which extends the "resource" feature required by a
customer; now it is possible to override static resources as well as templates.
There are no backwards incompatibilities. Tres also improved the
"bfg_alchemy" Paster template.
The bfg "current" index at http://dist.repoze.org/bfg/current/simple has been
updated with the new release and the docs rendering at
http://docs.repoze.org/bfg has been updated.
Here's the full change log:
- Add a ``reload_resources`` configuration file setting (aka the
``BFG_RELOAD_RESOURCES`` environment variable). When this is set to
true, the server never needs to be restarted when moving files
between directory resource overrides (esp. for templates currently).
- Add a ``reload_all`` configuration file setting (aka the
``BFG_RELOAD_ALL`` environment variable) that implies both
``reload_resources`` and ``reload_templates``.
- The ``static`` helper view class now uses a ``PackageURLParser`` in
order to allow for the overriding of static resources (CSS / logo
files, etc) using the ``resource`` ZCML directive. The
``PackageURLParser`` class was added to a (new) ``static`` module in
BFG; it is a subclass of the ``StaticURLParser`` class in
- The ``repoze.bfg.templating.renderer_from_cache`` function now
checks for the ``reload_resources`` setting; if it's true, it does
not register a template renderer (it won't use the registry as a
template renderer cache).
- Add ``pkg_resources`` to the glossary.
- Update the "Environment" docs to note the existence of
``reload_resources`` and ``reload_all``.
- Use a colon instead of a tab as the separator between package name
and relpath to form the "spec" when register a ITemplateRenderer.
- Updated the ``bfg_alchemy`` paster template to include two views:
the view on the root shows a list of links to records; the view on
a record shows the details for that object.
- Register a ``repoze.bfg.resource.OverrideProvider`` as a
pkg_resources provider only for modules which are known to have
overrides, instead of globally, when a <resource> directive is used
Repoze-dev mailing list