2009/8/24 Chris McDonough <chr...@plope.com>:
> Malthe said it might be possible to register one or more new TAL expression
> types (each of which might represent a namespace) so templates could do
> something like tal:content="api:something" (note colon instead of dot) to get
> top-level names instead.  The view would no longer need to pass an "api" to
> provide the template with access to very common top-level names.

Note that it might be confusing if these expression types took
Python-expressions as input; perhaps better with some declarative
value, akin to "provider:"; one example I have is "static:logo.png"
where a URL would automatically be generated at runtime to serve up
the ``logo.png`` file which resides next to the template in this case.

\malthe