Hi all,

First, thanks for the dialog. Helpful answers prompted by helpful questions. And thanks to Chris, Agendaless, and contributors, for Repoze. I think I like it! Looking forward to trying chameleon.

So.. I'm just experimenting and I find adding routes to the virginia example to work differently from my initial expectation.

I added :

  <route
    path="/t/*subpath"
    name="tile_renderer"
    view=".views.render_tile"
    />

before the default views in configure.zcml.

and to views.py I added:

def render_tile(context, request):
    path_info = request.environ['PATH_INFO']
    return Response(repr(path_info))

My immediate goal is to have render_tile generate all content under / t, while everything else comes from the content directory. You can see that currently render_tile simply renders a Response with the subpath info as the page text.

lynx http://127.0.0.1:6543/t/x should yield '/t/x', and it does, IF I comment out all the view declarations in configure.zcml

If I leave in all those views, I get

    No default view for /home/russ/bfgenv/repoze.virginia/content

I'm guessing that I may need to change the model to make this work.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

--r.

Russ Ferriday - Topia Systems - Open Source content management with Plone and Zope
ru...@topia.com - mobile: +1 805 234 6915 - skype: ferriday