On Sat, 2009-09-26 at 01:04 -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Iain Duncan wrote:
> > Ok, so I figured out that if I get the zope.component.globalSiteManager
> > in my model middleware on ingress, that in bfg I can indeed query it for
> > registered adapaters and get at that. But in the bfg app, the global
> > site manager is empty and the siteManager has the stuff from my zcml
> > file.
> >
> > So, I think I could do what I need if I knew how to:
> >
> > - fill the global site manager in middleware from the zcml file
> > - get bfg to either use that site manager or fold it's contents into the
> > one that is actively used
>
> Apologies, I think you may be on your own.  It's definitely possible, but the
> zope.component ZCML loading design and the general "there can be only one
> registry" design of the global ZCA API hurts badly here, as *any* use of
> globals does.  It's just an awful design.

Well I feel better about feeling confused... but not so encouraged. ;-)

If I could get the 'one-registry-to-rule-them-all' loaded in middelware
on ingress, is there at least a reasonable way of forcing the bgf app to
use that registry as it's site manager? Like, I managed to stash the
middleware created site manager in the environ, and get at it
successfully from bfg, but it means I'm manually querying adapters like
so:

sm = environ['dram.sm']
sm.queryAdapter( yada yada )

Guess I'll muck about and post any progress, but if you have any more
thoughts I'd be happy to hear them.

thanks anyway!
Iain