Steve Schmechel wrote:
> I also toyed around with repoze.bfg.restcontroller from SVN.
>
> It works, but has it also been deprecated by new built-in functionality?
> What are the advantages of using the rest controller vs. standard views?

Well, if you look at the implementation:

http://svn.repoze.org/repoze.bfg.restcontroller/trunk/repoze/bfg/restcontroller/__init__.py

(particularly the "restcontroller" function in that module)

... you will see that it's a tiny little shim on top of functionality that
exists in the BFG core.

That package was more of a proof of concept and an example of creating a ZCML
directive than something that I'd expect anyone to get real excited about.  You
could do the same thing with "view" statements, just more verbosely:

<view
   name="myview"
   view=".some.Class"
   attr="GET"