On 2/18/2010 4:51 PM, Fernando Correa Neto wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> Using beaker is no biggie.
> In your .ini you need something like:
>
> [filter:beaker]
> use = egg:Beaker#beaker_session
> beaker.session.key = yourapp.session
> beaker.session.secret = supersecret
>
> [pipeline:main]
> pipeline = egg:repoze.zodbconn#closer
>             egg:repoze.tm2#tm
>             beaker
>             app
>
> And then you'll have 'yourapp.session' in your environment. i.e.:
> request.environ['yourapp.session'] or
> request.environ['beaker.session'].
>
> Cheers,
> Fernando
>
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 10:10 PM, georgehu<geo...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to implement a simple session management like the Amazon
>> site, you can throw your order item into your shopping cart even without
>> a login, and Amazon can remember your ordered items for many days. I'm
>> using mysql and sqlalchemy, according to the document, the Beaker is
>> suggested in this case. But I would like to see an example code snippet
>> or tutorial on how to do it.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> George Hu

Hi there, first I would like to thank you all for the help. As I'm
fairly new to the web app development, I want to know more details about
session management in my case. What I'm trying to implement is like
anonymous session in Amazon, for example, a user comes to the site
without login, drop items in the cart, now I need to save something in
the client browser to identify the user, I guess in this case I can use
the session id:

request.environ['beaker.session'].id

but how can I tell the browser to 'save' it into the client cookie?

at the same time, I will create a record in the database to save the
item with the session id. When user comes back to the site later on, the
system will identify the user by matching the cookie with the session id
saved in the database, so how can I 'retrieve' the cookie in this case?
And BTW, is the generated session id always unique?

Thanks

George Hu