New submission from Will Seaver <>:

p. 106: "A view callable may always return a WebOb Response object directly. It
may optionally return another arbitrary non-Response value." such as a

10.1.2.: Defining a View Callable as a Class
Have I ever used this method of view declaration before? If I had my laptop I
could take a look at any number of, but I can't remember whether I had
previously defined views callable as classes or instances.

p. 108: "This style of calling convention is most useful for traversal based
applications, where the context object is frequently used within the view
callable code itself." is there an easily-found example of this being done?

On the subject of renderer factories (p. 115): Why would it be necessary to
create a renderer factory? Is this an alternate style of doing things, and
because I use Chameleon ZPT as a renderer I won't ever need to know it, or is
there value in learning how to construct a renderer factory?

p. 120: There is a paragraph explaining the importance of specifying the use of
UTF-8 when rendering forms. Why is it important to use UTF-8 as opposed to
Unicode or another encoding system?

overall, I understood this chapter pretty well, given that I have worked a lot
with views callable, and it was one of the more easily-comprehended chapters
for me.

messages: 357
nosy: kwseaver
priority: wish