On 4/8/10 1:23 AM, Iain Duncan wrote:
> Well, now you would have to know what you were looking for, whereas in
> the older docs, it was quite prominent in the narrative documentation. I
> realize this is a personal preference thing, and of course you'll do
> what you think is best, but as someone who came to repoze.bfg and zope
> at the same time, I found it easier to make the connections between
> examples of non-bfg zope apps and the bfg docs when the similarities
> were more exposed, and that was a major bonus for me for BFG.
> Just my two cents really. If it were up to me, I would add examples in
> the narrative docs earlier that used a totally Zope like layout, with
> for="ISomeInterface".

I just changed cluegun to use "context=" (as well as renderers and various
other newer BFG constructs).

While we don't want to be stupid about it ("different for the sake of being
different"), fidelity with Zope is not a real goal.  That argument is
best-documented as "context" because it names the context type.  Grok calls it
"context" as well.  Zope calls it "for", and that's fine, but you can
definitely imagine someone else asking "why isn't this named context, because
it names the context", right?  And they'd be just as right.  Names suck, of