Hi Timmy!

Timmy Chan wrote:
> my current workflow for FriendlyFormPlugin is
>
> user goes to page, needs permission, gets 401
> repoze.who sends it to login_form_url
> user inputs data
> user gets sends to post_login_url, gets 401
> gets sent to login_form_url again
>
 > is this a good method?  can i pass along the username somewhere?

I think that post_login_url shouldn't return 401. This view should be
public. There you could check existence of repoze.who.identity environ
var and do some HTTP redirect (calling webob.exc.HTTPFound method) based
on it: calling login_form (including username on the query string) in
case of failure or redirect to another page on success.

Good luck!
Nuno