Chris McDonough wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-04-30 at 19:13 +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Because I need to use the Twisted WSGI server for my app and so can't
>> use Paste,
>
> While it's obviously useful to not require PasteDeploy, this itself is
> not true.  You can use something like:
>
> from repoze.bfg.paster import get_app
>
> app = get_app('some_config_file.ini', 'myapp')

Fair enough, but it's the .ini that the powers that be don't want here ;-)

>> exceptions.NotImplementedError: Can't perform this operation for
>> unregistered loader type
>>
>> Why does BFG guess wrong here and how can I correct BFG's notion of what
>> the current package is?
>
> config = Configurator(package=some.package, ...)
>
> ... might be the right solution, depending on how you're calling it.
>
> http://docs.repoze.org/bfg/1.3/api/configuration.html#repoze.bfg.configuration.Configurator

"If None is passed (the default), the package is assumed to be the
Python package in which the caller of the Configurator constructor lives."

I'm calling it from within the module called run.py in the right package
(as per the demo). Should I report it as a bug that the wrong package is
picked as the base?

cheers,

Chris