Hi,

OK, thanks for that clarification concerning py25 vs. py26 on
appengine.

In the meanwhile I found a workaround for my scan problem:

Previously I had followed the steps of the bfg on gae tutorial

  http://docs.repoze.org/bfg/current/tutorials/gae/index.html

step by step with one little exception: For installing repoze.bfg I
had used the pypi instead of the current simple index, i. e.  I had
used

  cd bfgapp/
  $ bin/easy_install repoze.bfg

instead of

  cd bfgapp/
  $ bin/easy_install -i http://dist.repoze.org/bfg/current/simple/ repoze.bfg

which so far always worked fine for me and had the advantage that
I got a newer bfg: currently 1.3a4 instead of the 1.2.1 from the current
simple index.

Now the 1.3a4 really seems to have a problem with a scan.
As soon as a put a

  <scan package="." />

in its configure.zcml I get the error as described, when
running appengine's dev_appserver.py script.

(To reproduce the problem:
* follow the steps of the bfg on gae tutorial
* install repoze.bfg from pypi instead of the current simple index
  (1.3a4 instead of 1.2.1)
* be sure to launch dev_appserver.py with python25
* without a  <scan package="." /> in its configure.zcml -> works fine
  with a <scan package="." /> in its configure.zcml -> problem)

So I resorted to exactly stick to the steps given in the
tutorial: use the current simple index, which gives me
an older bfg, that has no problems with a scan, however.

-Andreas

@Tim: sorry for the double e-mail: I had forgotten to
do a list reply instead of a normal reply