repoze.bfg 1.3a13 has been released. It is a minor feature release.
It can be installed via:
easy_install -i http://dist.repoze.org/bfg/1.3/simple repoze.bfg
Or via PyPI.
The docs at http://docs.repoze.org/bfg/1.3 have been updated.
The changelog follows.
- The ``traverse`` route predicate could not successfully generate a
- In support of making it easier to configure applications which are
"secure by default", a default permission feature was added. If
supplied, the default permission is used as the permission string to
all view registrations which don't otherwise name a permission.
These APIs are in support of that:
- A new constructor argument was added to the Configurator:
- A new method was added to the Configurator:
- A new ZCML directive was added: ``default_permission``.
- Add a new request API: ``request.add_finished_callback``. Finished
callbacks are called by the router unconditionally near the very end
of request processing. See the "Using Finished Callbacks" section
of the "Hooks" narrative chapter of the documentation for more
- A ``request.matched_route`` attribute is now added to the request
when a route has matched. Its value is the "route" object that
matched (see the ``IRoute`` interface within
``repoze.bfg.interfaces`` API documentation for the API of a route
- The ``exception`` attribute of the request is now set slightly
earlier and in a slightly different set of scenarios, for benefit of
"finished callbacks" and "response callbacks". In previous
versions, the ``exception`` attribute of the request was not set at
all if an exception view was not found. In this version, the
``request.exception`` attribute is set immediately when an exception
is caught by the router, even if an exception view could not be
- The ``add_route`` method of a Configurator now accepts a
``pregenerator`` argument. The pregenerator for the resulting route
is called by ``route_url`` in order to adjust the set of arguments
passed to it by the user for special purposes, such as Pylons
'subdomain' support. It will influence the URL returned by
``route_url``. See the ``repoze.bfg.interfaces.IRoutePregenerator``
interface for more information.
- The router no longer sets the value ``wsgiorg.routing_args`` into
the environ when a route matches. The value used to be something
like ``((), matchdict)``. This functionality was only ever
obliquely referred to in change logs; it was never documented as an
- The ``exception`` attribute of the request now defaults to ``None``.
In prior versions, the ``request.exception`` attribute did not exist
if an exception was not raised by user code during request
processing; it only began existence once an exception view was
- The ``repoze.bfg.interfaces.IWSGIApplicationCreatedEvent`` event
interface was renamed to
``repoze.bfg.interfaces.IApplicationCreated``. Likewise, the
``repoze.bfg.events.WSGIApplicationCreatedEvent`` class was renamed
to ``repoze.bfg.events.ApplicationCreated``. The older aliases will
continue to work indefinitely.
- The ``repoze.bfg.interfaces.IAfterTraversal`` event interface was
renamed to ``repoze.bfg.interfaces.IContextFound``. Likewise, the
``repoze.bfg.events.AfterTraversal`` class was renamed to
``repoze.bfg.events.ContextFound``. The older aliases will continue
to work indefinitely.
- References to the WSGI environment values ``bfg.routes.matchdict``
and ``bfg.routes.route`` were removed from documentation. These
will stick around internally for several more releases, but it is
``request.matchdict`` and ``request.matched_route`` are now the
"official" way to obtain the matchdict and the route object which
resulted in the match.
- Added documentation for the ``default_permission`` ZCML directive.
- Added documentation for the ``default_permission`` constructor value
and the ``set_default_permission`` method in the Configurator API
- Added a new section to the "security" chapter named "Setting a
- Document ``renderer_globals_factory`` and ``request_factory``
arguments to Configurator constructor.
- Added two sections to the "Hooks" chapter of the documentation:
"Using Response Callbacks" and "Using Finished Callbacks".
- Added documentation of the ``request.exception`` attribute to the
``repoze.bfg.request.Request`` API documentation.
- Added glossary entries for "response callback" and "finished
- The "Request Processing" narrative chapter has been updated to note
finished and response callback steps.
- New interface in interfaces API documentation: ``IRoutePregenerator``.
- Added a "The Matched Route" section to the URL Dispatch narrative
docs chapter, detailing the ``matched_route`` attribute.
Repoze-dev mailing list