I've been very intrigued by Colander, and thinking of ways I could use
it to migrate bibliographic data from legacy ISIS databases to

But here is a problem: Colander deals with missing data by generating
nodes with a marker value, or some specified default. What we need
when serializing bibliographic data is the option to skip the node
altogether, and so far I have been unable to see how to specify that.

For example, if an article record does not have an "institutional
author", we don't want this serialized value:

{"title": "Onthology is overrated", 'institutional_author' = colander.null}

and neither this:

{"title": "Onthology is overrated", 'institutional_author' = ''}

This is what we need:

{"title": "Onthology is overrated"}

>From the documentation, I haven't seen how to make colander behave as
described. Is there a way?

PS. Anyone interested in the problem may want to read a paper about
what I've been doing here:

Luciano Ramalho
programador repentista || stand-up programmer
Twitter: @luciano