On 11/12/2010 03:17 PM, Iain Duncan wrote:
> Reading some of the diaolgue on the pylons/bfg merger has me curious
> about the following, wondering if any experts care to share opinions and
> war stories:
> - what is the best use case for extending through entry points?
> - why/when would you use entry points and entires in an ini file vs
> registering modules/plugins as zca entries?
> - pros and cons of each approach?

With ZCA, you can register components temporarily for a test.  You can
create a short-lived component registry.  You can create multiple
registries for different parts of the application.  You can store
registries in a database.  Whatever makes sense.

With entry points, can you do any of that?  Entry points seem far more
limiting.  Please correct me if I am wrong.