On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Chris McDonough <chr...@plope.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 12:42 -0800, Iain Duncan wrote:
> > Oops I copied a traceback from one of my attempts at fixing it.
> >

> > Tres, that worked, thanks. I'm curious why it's necessary though. It
> > seems to me it should "just work" right? Can anyone explain further
> > why that step is necessary once a view is wrapped?  ( related note,
> > wrapper views are awesome, the docs could totally use more wrapper
> > view examples! =)
> There's no particular justification here.  The feature was added hastily
> and is infrequently used.  Probably would have set
> "request.wrapped_body" to "response.unicode_body" instead of
> "response.body" if I had been thinking about it hard enough.  But you
> can get the same effect by doing
> "request.wrapped_response.unicode_body".

Got it, well register this as a request for more attention to wrapper views,
I think they're freaking awesome. But I have noticed some rough edges. ( My
wrapper view also killed the bfg stock url finding method and I had to make
a home rolled one and a url fixing layer ).

I'd also love to see wrapper view zcml declarations get easier, I'm doing

Would be great to be able to put the wrapper arg directly on the route.

thanks for everything guys. I will be evangelizing Chameleon/Pyramid out in
the northwest! =)