On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Chris McDonough <chr...@plope.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 12:42 -0800, Iain Duncan wrote:
> > Oops I copied a traceback from one of my attempts at fixing it.
> >

> > Tres, that worked, thanks. I'm curious why it's necessary though. It
> > seems to me it should "just work" right? Can anyone explain further
> > why that step is necessary once a view is wrapped?  ( related note,
> > wrapper views are awesome, the docs could totally use more wrapper
> > view examples! =)
>
> There's no particular justification here.  The feature was added hastily
> and is infrequently used.  Probably would have set
> "request.wrapped_body" to "response.unicode_body" instead of
> "response.body" if I had been thinking about it hard enough.  But you
> can get the same effect by doing
> "request.wrapped_response.unicode_body".

Got it, well register this as a request for more attention to wrapper views,
I think they're freaking awesome. But I have noticed some rough edges. ( My
wrapper view also killed the bfg stock url finding method and I had to make
a home rolled one and a url fixing layer ).

I'd also love to see wrapper view zcml declarations get easier, I'm doing
this:

<route
  path="/contact"
  name="contact"
/>
<view
  route_name="contact"
  wrapper="content_wrapper"
  view="jordans.views.contact_view.ContactView"
  renderer="jordans:templates/contact.pt"
/>

Would be great to be able to put the wrapper arg directly on the route.

thanks for everything guys. I will be evangelizing Chameleon/Pyramid out in
the northwest! =)
iain