On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Wichert Akkerman <wich...@wiggy.net>wrote:
> The object did have a value, but it was None which the indexed apparently
> ignores. The fact that it was always None was a bug in my code that has been
> fixed now - it should be either None or a date (it was a publication-date
> field).
> Ah, having a value of None is different than not having a value.  Ie,

def discriminator(obj, default):
    """Does not have a value."""
    return default

def discriminator(obj, default):
    """Has a value of None."""
    return None

You're sure it's the second case you're hitting?  It wouldn't be an "empty"
index, but it would be one where every document has a value of None.  If
you're seeing an empty result set in that case, then that sounds like a bug.