Hello, Alex.

Sorry about the tardy reply.

I've had a quick look at the Beaker plugin and it doesn't seem to behave
like an ordinary rememberer (understandably): It doesn't set any cookies:
https://github.com/kaukas/repoze.who-use_beaker/blob/master/repoze/who/plugins/use_beaker.py#L64

I assume it leaves that to Beaker itself. However, what it does seems
necessary, so you'd want to set the "remember_name" to "beaker_tkt" which
is how you've called this instance of the plugin in your config.

HTH,

 - Gustavo.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 4:12 PM, alex bodnaru <alexbodn.gro...@gmail.com>wrote:

> hello friends,
>
> thanks a lot for this wonderful framework of who/what.
>
> i managed to get a small configuration working with friendlyform and cookie
> auth_tkt, authenticating with my custom plugins by a queer users' table.
>
> [plugin:auth_tkt]
> use = repoze.who.plugins.auth_tkt:make_plugin
> secret = my secret
> cookie_name = authntkt
>
> [plugin:friendlyform]
> use = repoze.who.plugins.friendlyform:FriendlyFormPlugin
> rememberer_name = auth_tkt
>
> [identifiers]
> plugins =
>    friendlyform;browser
>    auth_tkt
>

> but as remembering the userid in a cookie would be forgery prone, i wanted
> use the beaker rememberer instead:
>
> [plugin:beaker_tkt]
> use = repoze.who.plugins.beaker_tkt:make_plugin
> key_name = repoze.who.tkt
> session_name = beaker.session
>
> [plugin:friendlyform]
> use = repoze.who.plugins.friendlyform:FriendlyFormPlugin
> rememberer_name = ????????????
>
> [identifiers]
> plugins =
>    friendlyform;browser
>    beaker_tkt
>
> this setup doesn't unfortunately work for me and i especially don;t know
> what
> rememberer_name to pass to the friendlyform plugin above.
>
>  File
>
> "/srv/turbogears/tg2.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages/repoze.who_friendlyform-1.0.8-py2.7.egg/repoze/who/plugins/friendlyform.py",
> line 253, in _get_rememberer
>    rememberer = environ['repoze.who.plugins'][self.rememberer_name]
> KeyError: 'the rememberer_name i gave'

Gustavo Narea.
Aspiring Software Craftsman.
http://gustavonarea.net/