Title: The Importance of Writing Good Web Site Sales Copy
Author: Judy Cullins
Copyright 2004.  All Rights Reserved.
Article Autoresponder: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Author Contact Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Category: Web Marketing

enough attention to sales copy. Especially Online. The biggest mistake? Sales
that doesn't serve the needs and desires of your site's visitor. Here are 6
ways to make your web copy sell products and services.

online promotion, online marketing, web coaching, book coaching, ezine,
targeted customers, targeted audience, pull online sales, Judy Cullins, book
web coach

Words: 637

Judy Cullins, M.A.

P.S. To receive this special report from Judy Cullins, author of 10 eBooks go
The Importance of Writing Good Web Site Sales Copy
Judy Cullins 2004 All Rights Reserved.

Many small businesses fail because their owners don't pay enough attention to
sales copy. Especially on their Web sites. If you want to be a member of the
5% Club that receives plenty of ongoing, consistent income, check out these

The biggest mistake? Sales copy that doesn't serve the needs and desires of
your web site visitors.

Ask yourself these questions: "What does my Web site say about me? Do its
messages take my readers by the collar and convince them to read more? Do my
words inspire my readers? Will they learn what they need to know in order to
arrive at an informed decision to buy? Will they be eager to contact me?

Here are 6 ways to make your web copy sell products and services:

1. Create a Web page with words that convince your potential clients to keep
reading, to gain trust, and to take action. Think about the headlines you have
placed on your home page. Are they so powerful and convincing they force your
client to click to your sales letter? Do they describe benefits your
potential client can see, hear and feel? Or are they wishy-washy saying
like: "Welcome to my site. My bio is at ..., or "click here" to subscribe to my
fabulous ezine?

2. Make it easy for your Web site's visitors to buy.  Some people hate to buy
Online because they fear for the security of their credit card information.
Give them several options, including a coupon they can print and either send by
regular mail or fax to your free 800 number.

3. Model your Web pages after a successful coach's pages. If something out
there seems to be working, why re-invent the wheel?  Visit other Web sites and
critically observe what they do well and what they do poorly.  Then, compare
those analyses to your own site.

Your site shouldn't just be a virtual brochure with your qualifications and
offerings. Your home page should have only "Passion Headlines" that pull sales,
one outstanding testimonial, and a few questions from your reader's point of
view that leads them via a link to your service information and bio. Put just
a few words about you on the home page. People don't care about you; they want
solutions for their challenges.

4. Realize the power of the written word.  If your Web site has been up more
than a few months, and you haven't gotten any business, consider
reconstructing it so it pulls sales. Write down your description of: your
audience, its
needs and desires. Address their problems, interests, values and how they like
receive a service.  Pre-plan your Web site, and state its purpose - is it to
make money, gain credibility, and share a unique message?

5. List at least 10 benefits provided by your service.  What are the best
five?  List 10 features of your service, too.  What are the best five?
features don't sell, benefits do.  Create a variety of headlines that have
marketing pizzazz.  They can be in the form of a question, a command, or a
shocking statement, but they should all be full of specific benefits.
your Online Income" is not enough. You must show how much time that takes and
what product or service will solve your dilemma.

6. Finally, create a picture of the outcomes your client will see, hear and
feel. You must touch your potential client's soft spot - that nerve center that
says, "Yes, I want that!"  Tap into your creative side, with a friend,
associate, or coach who knows this uncharted territory - the language of sales.

Become a member of the 5% club -- Web site owners who make at least one-third
their income from their Web site.
Judy Cullins: 20-year author, speaker, book coach
Helps entrepreneurs manifest their book and web dreams
eBk: "Create your Web Site with Marketing Pizzazz"
FRE.E "The Book Coach Says..." or Business Tip of the Month -- mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Orders: 866/200-9743 -- Ph: 619/466-0622