Title: Don't Clone your Book or Business Marketing
Author: Judy Cullins
Copyright 2005.  All Rights Reserved.

Bio: Judy Cullins, 20-year Book and Internet Marketing Coach works with small
business people who want to make a difference in people's lives, build their
credibility and clients, and make a consistent life-long income. Author of 10
eBooks including "Write your eBook Fast," "How to Market your Business on the
Internet," and "Create your Web Site With Marketing Pizzazz," she offers free
help through her 2 monthly ezines, The Book Coach Says...and Business Tip of
the Month at http://www.bookcoaching.com/opt-in.shtml and over 165 free
articles. Email her at mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Article URL: www.bookcoaching.com/freearticles/article-166.shtml
Article Autoresponder: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Author Contact Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Category: Marketing

The main one--dying young. Don't let your business die young by following the
herd. Instead, think of the natural ways you like to market. Here are three
Marketing Ideas that Make Big Promises. And, when followed by investing a large
amount of money and time, only a few will get the results they hope for.

promotion, book coaching, San Diego, eBook, online marketing, free articles,
increase online sales, web site marketing, build web traffic, marketing
services, write ezine, increase targeted web traffic, web site headlines,
benefits and
features for client, features, marketing tips, eBook marketing, submit ezine,
Web promotion, ecommerce, epublishing, viral marketing, sales letter

Words: 533

Thanks,
Judy Cullins, M.A.

P.S. To receive a complete list of over 165 free articles with autoresponder
addresses go to www.bookcoaching.com/freearticles.shtml.
============

Don't Clone your Book or Business Marketing
Judy Cullins 2005 All Rights Reserved.

Remember that the miracle of cloning sheep has its drawbacks. The main
one--dying young.

Don't let your business die young by following the herd. Instead, think of
the natural ways you like to market.

Here are some Marketing Ideas that Make Big Promises. And, when followed by
investing a large amount of money and time, only a few will get the results
they hope for.

1. Make your book a #1 best seller on Amazon. This idea teaches authors that
if they offer $1000's of bonus books, reports and the like, and tell all their
email lists to buy the book on a particular day at Amazon, they will make
extreme sales.

In many sales letters that give away $1000's more than the price of their
book, it looks a little suspicious or gimmicky. "Killer copy" and other web
sizzle language doesn't bring confidence to most business people.  The programs
sold are over $2000. An old saying came from Robert Allen something like: "You
make much more money teaching people how to make money than they ever will
implementing the skills."

2. Optimize your web site standings in the search engines with ads placed in
Google.com and through ------.

After putting a lot of time into writing ad copy, paying an upfront
consultant fee, and paying monthly costs of the key words, I'd say the results
for my
top four business books were near 0.

Yes, I heard of one author that didn't invest more than $400 a month to reap
$4000 book sales, but her book was highly specialized.  When another web
master I know followed this tact, she invested thousands a month to yield here
only
50% in sales. For $2500 investment for the first month, she made $1250.  Once
the competition caught on, her sales dropped and no longer gave her a desired
income.

Natural Marketing

Like myself, if you are a writer or author, it will be easy and natural for
you to write short articles and tips for opt-in (no spam) ezines you subscribe
to. This one thing has kept me at #1 for the phrase "bookcoaching." for four
years and has placed my writings on over 21000 sites, the number increasing
1000 each month.

If you don't like to write much, maybe you'll love BLOGs. They bring similar
results as the articles and your own ezine do. It's a mini web site, and an
interactive process your visitors will like it because they see you more
casually and personally. My blog's format will be question and answer, also
letting
my humor and opinions out to show I'm human.

If you like to share yourself and your solutions with others publically, you
may enjoy presenting to groups and have your product available at the back of
the room. A similar venue would be joining a networking group. Bring your
business card that features either your blog site URL or your ezine
subscription
information. When you collect these email addresses, you grow your lists of
target to-be-buyers.

Cloning isn't always healthy or profitable. Stay true to your own style of
sharing yourself, your business, or book.
Judy Cullins, 20-year Book and Internet Marketing Coach with small business
people who want to make a difference in people's lives, build their credibility
and clients, and make a consistent life-long income. Author of 10 eBooks
including "Write your eBook Fast," "The Fast and Cheap Way to Explode Targeted
Web
Traffic," and "Create your Web Site With Marketing Pizzazz," she offers free
help through her 2 monthly ezines, "The Book Coach Says..." and "Business Tip
of the Month" at http://www.bookcoaching.com/opt-in.shtml and over 165 free
articles. Email her at [EMAIL PROTECTED]