Products and Services
Author: Judy Cullins
Copyright 2005.  All Rights Reserved.

when not making enough sales? My answer? Within a month because as long as your
ad copy is weak, those weak sales numbers will continue. Test your web site
headlines and web home page content to be sure your sales message is strong and
increase sales.

promotion, email promotion, Website marketing, Web site copywriting, promoting
online,
free Online publicity, Targeted Web sales, target buyers, high web traffic,
high targeted traffic, Web site sales, profitable web site, increase online
sales, pursuasive writing, marketing campaign, epublishing,
web headlines

Category: Web

Words: 542

Thanks,
Judy Cullins, M.A.

P.S. To receive a complete list of over 170 free articles with autoresponder
addresses go to www.bookcoaching.com/freearticles.shtml.
============

How to Test Your Web Headlines and Web Site Home Page to Sell More Products
and Services
Judy Cullins 2005 All Rights Reserved.

A client asked me, at what point do you change your Web
site when not making enough sales? My answer? Within a month or so because as
long as your ad copy is weak, those weak sales numbers will continue.

Your coach is number oneon Google and 35 other search engines with the word
"bookcoaching." . While my site gets 3500 visitors a day, I noticed a below 2%
conversion rate for one top eBook. . The culprit? My sales letter for that
book.

Ways to Reach your Web Sales Dream

Test your web site headlines and web home page content to
be sure your sales message is strong. Send a casual marketing
survey to your friends and associates. Send different Web site parts such as
each headline that takes the visitor to the sales letter or the sales letter
itself.

In the subject line, put, "I need your brain."

Inside say, "My Web site is not selling this product or service (name it) as
well as I want. Will you rate each of these parts?

1) Home page and sales letter headlines. Includes four or five varieties of
one headline. Ask your associates which headlines
convince them  to look further at other site parts or buy your
product or service. To make things simple ask them to vote from 1-5 so you
can see how to change it.

2) The "who" I am. Include several blurbs on your purpose or bio. Ask your
associates to vote from 1-5 and add new phrases they think are stronger.
Remember, you site is not about you, it is about your potential customers. Make
sure
your bio is short enough to make room for what counts--benefits for your Web
visitor.

3) Benefits and features. To answer the question by your visitor, "What's in
it for me?" you need to compile a list of 5-10 top benefits and 5-10 features
for each thing you sell.Include these,  on your web site home page, and your
sales letters.

Benefits are outcomes your buyers want after they use your product or
service. They include  more consistent higher income, saving time and money, or
creating a balanced life. Benefits sell, features explain or describe your
product.
Features include phrases such as "5 steps to...," or "7 Sure-fire ways to
..."  Once you know the difference, then you can combine them to read something
like this: "7 Sure-fire ways to increase profits from your eBook."

In your survey, ask your people which phrases work? Which ones convince you
to order or buy?

Give your survey people a finish line so you can gather this valuable
information quickly. Offer a free report or eBook to anyone who takes the time
respond. Give them all the vital contact information in your signature file at
the bottom with hyperlinks to your email to make it easy.

When you test your headlines, you will bring those visitors back for more,
applauding you and saying BRAVO! They will create a buzz about your great site,
and send you many more visitors through word of mouth. These visitors are your
personal 24/7 marketing team.