Title: 12 Tips For A Successful Affiliate Program
Author: Ken Hill
Copyright: 2005 Ken Hill
Publishing Guidelines: You have permission to publish this
article in your ezine, publication, ebook, or on your
website as long as the resource box is included with the
article and as long as neither the article or resource box
are changed in any way. The URL in the resource box must be
set as a hyperlink. Minor formatting changes are permitted.
12 Tips For A Successful Affiliate Program
by Ken Hill
1. Look around at other competing businesses that offer
affiliate programs, and think of ways that you can make your
affiliate program more attractive.
2. Pay your affiliates well for their efforts.
If you're thinking about offering a 10% commission for sales
of your product and a competing business is paying a 50%
commission for referrals, you'll lose affiliates to your
3. Make your affiliate program more lucrative by offering
This is an excellent choice if you offer a product that is
paid for on a residual basis such as webhosting or access to
your membership site.
4. Offer lifetime commissions.
Your affiliates will see the power of lifetime commissions,
and work hard to promote your business and send you more
5. Make your affiliate program two-tier.
Reward your affiliates by giving them a commission on the
sales of people they refer to your affiliate program.
6. Don't leave your affiliates out in the cold.
Provide your affiliates with lots of sales items that they
can use to successfully promote your products.
Some items you could offer your affiliates:
- e-zine ads (sponsor ads, classified ads, 2 liners)
- signature file ads
- sales letters/solo ads
- brandable ebooks
- sample recommendations
- email courses
- your articles that they can reprint with their affiliate
URLs in your resource box.
7. Be quick to respond to your affiliates' emails.
An easy way to lose your affiliates is to not respond to
their questions in a timely manner, or to not respond to
their e-mails at all.
It shows that you don't value them, and since their are tons
of other affiliate programs, you would be losing potentially
very good affiliates to other businesses.
8. Provide your own tips and advice.
Follow up with your affiliates with tips and strategies that
they can use to increase their commissions.
9. Reward your top affiliates with higher commissions and
You'll be able to achieve more sales over the long term
because your top affiliates won't jump to another affiliate
program where their efforts are more appreciated.
10. Publish an affiliate's newsletter.
Your affiliate's newsletter will help you to share your tips
with your affiliates, and keep them going in the right
You could also use your newsletter to keep your top
affiliates excited about your program.
Some effective ways to do this are:
- Share what your top affiliates do to earn big commission
- Showcase their sites and tell why their sites sell.
- List your 5 or 10 highest earning affiliates for the
11. Track your affiliates' sales accurately.
Your affiliates will find out if they send you customers and
you don't credit them with their commissions.
Your affiliate program will lose credibility and you'll end
up losing your affiliates as word gets around.
12. Participate in affiliate marketing forums.
Share your valuable advice and expertise with the members of
the forums you participate in.
Include your signature file that promotes your affiliate
program, and always follow the rules of the forums you join.
Article by Ken Hill. Want To Start Your Own Profit Driving
Affiliate Program? Power packed solution has what you need.
Includes affiliate program software, shopping cart, ad
tracking and easy e-zine management. Automate your online
business today at: http://www.scstats.com/r.cfm?i=5029
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE USING ARTICLES POSTED ON THE GROUP:
1. Print the article in its entirety. Don't make any changes in the article .
2. Print the resource box with all articles in their entirety.
3. Send the Author a copy of the reprinted article or the URL
where the articles was posted.
Anything short of following these three rules is a violation
of the Authors Copyright.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: