Dear Publishers,

publications as long as the bio at the end of the article is included and the
link is made active at websites and if possible, in newsletters.  Please do not
make changes without permission.  A courtesy copy of the publication this
article is included in would be appreciated; my e-mail is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Improving Nutrition and a Healthy Meal
By Monica Resinger

In an effort to improve my family's nutrition, I have been making a lot of
healthy changes to our diet over the past few years. As a mother, I am
responsible for feeding my family, their nutrition and teaching them nutrition.

There are so many choices available to us that it can be hard to keep
nutrition in mind.  A lot of what is offered in grocery stores is not
nutritious at
all and is only filling our bodies with unnecessary junk that either makes us
fat or gives us other health problems. It is up to us to learn about nutrition
and make choices according to this. To learn about nutrition, there are a
variety of books on the subject and resources on the Internet. I would suggest
doing a search on a search engine for ânutrition' or visiting your local
library.

One of my goals for improving nutrition is to reduce the amount of red meat
in our diet. Red meat contains a lot of fat and by substituting fish or
chicken, you're cutting back on a lot of fat and calories, therefore improving
nutrition. This has been challenging to accomplish because we love âmeat and
potatoes
â meals but I'm discovering there are a lot of lighter, healthier options
that my family enjoys just as much. Here's a meal that has satisfied my âmeat
and
potatoes' family.

Baked Cod,
Broccoli, Crab Chowder
Baked Potato

Baked Cod

1 pound cod filets
lemon pepper seasoning
nonstick spray

Preheat oven to 425*F. Spray a baking sheet with the nonstick spray, then
arrange cod filets on it. Sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning to taste, then
bake for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Broccoli, Crab Chowder

2 cups water
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
1 large head broccoli, cut into pieces, including the stems
2 Tbsp margarine or butter
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 pound imitation crab, or real if you prefer

Combine the water and bouillon granules in a large saucepan. Add the broccoli
and cook until very tender, about 6 minutes. Put the broccoli mixture into a
food processor or blender and process until smooth. Meanwhile, in the same
saucepan you cooked the broccoli in, melt the margarine over medium heat. Add
the
flour and cook until bubbly. Add the milk and whisk until smooth. Cook until
thickened and bubbly. Add the imitation crab and the broccoli mixture to the
milk mixture and heat until heated through.

For the baked potatoes, you can microwave them or bake them, whichever you
prefer. When you dress your potato with condiments, be sure to stay away from
the fatty stuff. Use nonfat sour cream, nonfat yogurt, low-fat cheese, chives
or
salsa instead of regular sour cream and butter.

For you meat and potatoes lovers, I hope you'll try this, it is very good and
satisfying.

About the Author:  Monica Resinger is the creator of 'Homemaker's Journal
E-Publications' where you will find many fun and informative home and garden
related e-books, tip sheets and how to sign up for her FREE home and garden
newsletter!  Click here to visit:  http://homemakersjournal.com/

  where the articles was posted.

of the Authors Copyright.
Yahoo! Groups Links