Title: What's Bugging You?
Author: Keith Varnum
Word count: 928; 65 characters per line
Contact e-mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Categories: Essays, Health & Fitness, Lifestyle, Religion &
       Spirituality, Self-Help & How-To's
Autoresponder: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Article URL: http://reprintarticles.com/whats_bugging_you.php
Author URL: http://reprintarticles.com/Keith_Varnum.php

Terms for reprint:
1. You must publish the article AS IS. Do not modify, alter or edit it.
2. The author's resource box must accompany the article at all times.
3. The link/s must be active or clickable.
4. Notifying the author is not required, but doing so is appreciated.

This article is distributed as part of the ReprintArticles.com
Featured Author service at http://reprintarticles.com/featuredauthor.php

What's Bugging You?
by Keith Varnum

Some people lure romance to them. Some folks magnetize riches.
Others attract bugs. What's the difference?

Consciousness! The third group has "bug consciousness." If you
attract more bugs than love and money -- at least sometimes --
read on!

Forget the Swat Team

Flies flock around you, but steer clear of the person standing
next to you. Mosquitoes bite you through gobs of repellent. Yet,
there are other times when you forget to apply your protection
and mosquitoes leave you alone. What's going on here? What makes
some people irresistible to bugs and others immune? Why do
mosquitoes have you for lunch one day and leave you alone the
next?

Your Vibes Magnetize

To get a clearer picture, let's look at attraction between
people. When we meet a group of strangers, how do we tell which
people we want to get closer to? We know. We "feel" them. We
sense who's relaxed and who's angry, who's happy and who's sad,
who's open and who's closed. We are drawn to certain people by
the vibration they transmit. Tuning into the state of people's
energy is a natural ability all people have.

Bugs have the same innate ability. Insects are magnetized to
certain people. Bugs are attracted by the quality of energy
people radiate. The pesky pests can detect the emotional state a
person is sitting in. And bugs' favorite emotion? Anger,
irritation! Bugs adore us when we're feeling bugged! When we're
frustrated, we're the nectar du jour.

"Grasshopper," you might exclaim, "you've gone a few jumps too
far!" I understand your reaction. I didn't believe this
explanation either -- at first.

I heard about the dynamics of "bug consciousness" from Eastern
masters and shamans. Curious about how this rather bothersome
state works in practical terms, I conducted my own research --
on myself! While experimenting, I came up with a simple process
I call, Find It-Feel It-Free It.

"Which Came First? The Bug or the Anger?"

The experiment began when I found myself surrounded by a bunch of
buzzing bugs. The critters were driving me bananas! They were
really annoying and pissed me off.

So, I posed the question, "Which came first -- the bugs or the
anger?" Could it be that first I feel irritated and then this
agitated energy attracts the bugs? Are the insects letting me
know I'm carrying around some upset I'm not aware of?

Find It -- What's Bugging You?

To find out if bugs do reflect people's suppressed feelings, I
asked myself questions about my life that mimic the relationship
between me and my insect harassers, "What issue is buzzing around
that I'm trying to brush away?" "What person's getting under my
skin?" or "What situation is itching for a resolution?"

I discovered that when I'm bugged by insects, I do have upsets
and irritations that I wasn't previously aware of. Sometimes the
suppressed unconscious feelings are about a car that cut me off
in traffic, a hassle at the supermarket, or by the fact that I
overate ... again! Sometimes I don't realize that I'm mad at my
boss, friend or parent. Or that I'm worried about paying a bill
or losing my job.

I realize now that bugs are our allies! These winged messengers
are letting us know that unresolved emotions are still festering
inside, draining our energy, creativity and joy.

Feel It -- Move the Energy of Irritation

Once some degree of stuffed emotion is discovered, the next step
is to release the stuck energy.

One tool that helps dislodge the energy of emotion is our breath.
Breathing into the sensation of the feeling helps break up the
dense, thick, stuck energy of heavy emotions. Then the dislodged
stress and uncomfortable feelings can be released through a
relaxed exhale. The more the energy of feelings is welcomed and
accepted -- instead of being repressed and pushed away -- the
more the energy has room to move and shift. When the energy of
the emotions starts moving, it may feel like lightness or
spaciousness -- or like tingling, electricity or waves moving
through the body.

Another way to liberate the feeling of irritation is to choose to
experience the repressed emotion as the energy it really is.
Resist the temptation to name, label or identify the feeling.
When we remove "negative" labels, we don't resist feeling the
energy of the emotion. Fully experiencing the energy of a feeling
allows the energy to fully express itself. As we allow the energy
of our feelings to flow and expand however it wants to, it has
the space and opportunity to complete itself. The energy of the
emotions integrates back into our neutral field of creative life
force and is experienced as vitality and aliveness.

Free It -- Shift Your Vibration

When the energy of a feeling about a situation is fully
experienced, the energy around the situation shifts and the
situation transforms. We have a fresh outlook around the issue.
Our attitude changes. We feel more grounded, connected, real,
peaceful, empty, open and happy. We're free! Once the irritation
is gone, guess what? The bugs bug out! You are no longer creating
a "buzz" for the bugs to be attracted to.

Bug-B-Gone

The next time you're being bugged, instead of crushing the
critters, realize they have a magnetic crush on you. They're
under your spell. To repel the pests, you can choose to shift out
of bug-attracting consciousness. Try your own experiment with
Find It-Feel It-Free It. Change your vibration and change the
company you keep.

Copyright  2005 Keith Varnum

About Keith: Keith Varnum shares his practical approach to
transformation as an author, radio host and "Dream Workshops"
facilitator. Keith helps people get love, money, health and
spirit with his free Prosperity Ezine, free Empowerment CD and
free Coaching at www.TheDream.com.

---END---

List of articles by Keith Varnum: [EMAIL PROTECTED]