Title: Conjuring Up Sid Caesar
Author: Keith Varnum
Word count: 897; 65 characters per line
Contact e-mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Categories: Entertainment, Essays, Lifestyle, Movies & TV,
       Relationships, Religion & Spirituality, Self-Help &
       How-To's, Society & Culture
Autoresponder: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Article URL: http://reprintarticles.com/conjuring_up_sid_caesar.php
Author URL: http://reprintarticles.com/Keith_Varnum.php

Terms for reprint:
1. You must publish the article AS IS. Do not modify, alter or edit it.
2. The author's resource box must accompany the article at all times.
3. The link/s must be active or clickable.
4. Notifying the author is not required, but doing so is appreciated.

This article is distributed as part of the ReprintArticles.com
Featured Author service at http://reprintarticles.com/featuredauthor.php

Conjuring Up Sid Caesar
by Keith Varnum

Love focuses attention. When you really love something, you are
naturally pouring your interest and appreciation toward the
object of your love. The driving core of this concern and care,
on an electro-magnetic level, is creative life force. As our love
flows toward the object of our love, the object is filled with
our vital energy, enthusiasm and joy. This energetic connection
to the object magnetically pulls the object into our sphere of
experience. We attract that which we love. It becomes created
within our world.

I love the humor of Sid Caesar, one of our culture's most
talented and observant comedians. I especially enjoyed the wild
and batty characters he presented on his television show in the
1950s. One of my favorite caricatures was called "The Professor."
An exuberant, pompous man, The Professor pontificated in an
exaggerated, self-absorbed way about scholarly subjects, using
long words, complex phrases and complicated logic. In taking
these qualities to the extreme and the absurd, Sid Caesar helped
me to release the frustration and impatience of a lifetime of
having to listen to people just like The Professor: my father,
athletic coaches, countless school teachers, and many other
authorities and experts.

It was almost time to break for lunch at a workshop I was
conducting in New York City. To illustrate a certain point, I was
describing to the group a particular bit of shtick Sid Caesar had
done in the early days of television.

Playing The Professor, he lectured verbosely about his subject,
as usual, using convoluted sentences and ridiculous reasoning. As
he built up to a dramatic climax and was just about to make his
main point, his tie -- rigid and stiff -- would flip up into his
face. Each and every time the tie unceremoniously interrupted his
presentation, the studio audience broke into gales of laugher.
Knowing his tie was going to snap up in his face every time The
Professor built to a crescendo, I laughed in anticipation along
with the audience. We couldn't wait for that tie to flip up into
his face again. The more arrogant and pompous The Professor
became, the more we anticipated his forthcoming humiliation.
There was also a mild sexual undertone to the skit which, while
never discussed, was always present in regards to the rigid,
erect tie.

With unbounded respect and admiration for the humor of Sid
Caesar, I acted out the skit for the group. To our shared
delight, I was able to demonstrate the hilarity of The Professor,
as well as convey the keen insight into human nature Sid Caesar
possessed.

My good buddy and co-presenter Tobias was in the class. He grew
up in Sweden and had never heard of Sid Caesar. My loving
re-enactment stirred an acute curiosity in Tobias to know more
about this icon of American comedy. The rest of the participants
in the gathering had been raised on American television. Lunch
forgotten for the moment, members of the group began to share
their own fond memories of the beloved comedian with Tobias. Like
me, several people even acted out their favorite routines. It
ended up being a Sid Caesar "Love-In" as people remembered how
much they looked forward to his performances on The Ed Sullivan
Show and how much they treasured his talent and comedy.

We finally broke for lunch. Tobias and I decided to eat our meal
in Central Park. As the elevator made its way to the main floor,
Tobias mused aloud, "You know, I'd really like to meet this guy,
Sid Caesar."

I replied nonchalantly, "He probably lives in Hollywood, and I'm
not even sure if he's still alive."

With an air of uncommon determination, Tobias countered, "No, I
really must meet him. He sounds like a unique and wonderful man."

Then, as we crossed the street bordering Central Park, I saw a
stately gentleman coming toward us who looked exactly like Sid
Caesar! I couldn't believe my eyes. He appeared older than I
remembered Mr. Caesar, but he bore an uncanny resemblance to the
comedian. I whispered to Tobias, "You know, that man looks just
like Sid Caesar.

Peering closely at the man approaching us, my friend -- who had
never seen Mr. Caesar in person or on television -- pronounced in
no uncertain terms, "He is Sid Caesar. I can tell."

"No, it couldn't be," I responded incredulously.

Tobias' solution was to find out for sure. We walked over to the
stranger. Tobias introduced himself as being from Sweden. He
asked the gentleman if he was Sid Caesar. Sure enough, he was!
Not only did he not mind identifying himself, but Mr. Caesar was
very willing to spend some time chatting animatedly with us. What
a treat.

For ten minutes, we listened to jokes and stories, enjoying the
man who was the same funny, friendly being we'd all talked about
before lunch. Tobias' wish was granted. He met Sid Caesar and
experienced firsthand the joy, warmth, openness and humor of this
extraordinarily gifted man.

Like vibration creates like vibration by attracting that which
exists on the same wavelength or frequency. The vibration of our
love pulled to it the object of our love. The affection and
admiration we had poured into the personage of Sid Caesar
vibrationally attracted his very real spirit to meet us in
Central Park. What a magical and wondrous universe we live in!

Copyright  2005 Keith Varnum

About Keith: Keith Varnum shares his practical approach to
transformation as an author, radio host and "Dream Workshops"
facilitator. Keith helps people get love, money, health and
spirit with his free Prosperity Ezine, free Empowerment CD and
free Coaching at www.TheDream.com.

---END---

List of articles by Keith Varnum: [EMAIL PROTECTED]